March 31, 2013

Easter Weekend


"He is not here; He has risen, just as He said." 
Matthew 28:6 

We kicked off Easter weekend with mini golf, Mexican food and sitting around the campfire at McCulloch Cove. After a busy week, it felt good to just relax and enjoy the company of friends. That evening I was able to catch up with an old camp co-worker. It's been at least five or six years since we last saw each other. Back in the day, this co-worker and I were never close friends. She was one of the popular girls, and hung out with the "cool" kids. I was shy, nerdy and going through an awkward stage...the opposite of "cool." lol. Still, I enjoyed hearing about her life after camp and sharing about Lucas. :)
 Sabbath morning, my husband and I dropped Lucas off with Dada and Dadi and headed out to Long Beach.  We were joined by several friends for a day of bike riding and ingressing at the beautiful Shoreline Villege, Shoreline Aquatic Park and around the beach area.  It was a beautiful day to be at the beach. Unfortunately, I did forget sunblock on my neck, my husband enjoyed teasing me about being a "red neck." All in all...it was a great day!




_________________________________________________________________________________

 My family spent Easter Sunday together at my Parent's house. We had beautiful weather for our egg hunt and BBQ lunch.  Lucas wasn't too interested in hunting Easter eggs. He did however, enjoy playing with his cousin's toys and socializing with everyone.  At first he was apprehensive about walking around. My parent's have uneven ground in their yard. Lucas's hasn't quite mastered going up and down hills or maneuvering around random rabbit (or dog) holes. However, by the end of the afternoon he was keeping up with his older cousins.



My sisters and I played with this cozy-coupe when we were little!!! 

That evening I wrapped up my busy weekend by reading to Lucas from his children's bible the story of Jesus's crucifixion and resurrection. It's something that I've done very year on Easter Sunday. This will be the first year I've shared this tradition with my son...and it won't be my last. 

No comments:

Post a Comment