April 7, 2014

a road trip and a wedding


This weekend, my husband and I drove up coast to Avila Beach for a friend's wedding. It's been several years since I've been up the California coast line, and it was a lovely drive. The wedding was beautiful! The ceremony was right on the beach front. For wedding favors, the coordinator and cousin of the bride passed out blue Debra and Hans's sandals. As this was my first beach wedding, I was a bit over dressed and the sandals were a lifesaver - once those puppies were on my feet I never went back. The reception was held in a basement banquet hall below a row of beach front shops and restaurants. The cool air was welcoming after being outside in the warm sun. I loved the little details at this wedding - especially the sign post and cake topper. The best part of course was seeing the simile on the bride's face as she said "I do" to her wonderful husband. 

Sabbath afternoon we ended our road trip with a tour of Hearst Castle. Several years ago, I actually tried to tour the castle, however due to a lack of planning I wasn't able to do so. I was excited for this tour and it was definitively worth the extra drive time. It was perfect weather for exploring the castle. We took the grand room tour, which included the assembly/front room, the dinning hall, the billiard/game room and theater. In addition, after the guided tour we were able to walk around the grounds of the castle. 


No comments:

Post a Comment