May 25, 2018

Last Day of Kindergarten & Summer Plans


Summer vacation starts today, and Mr. Lucas couldn't be happier! Our summer breaks in Arizona are short, so we plan on making the most of it before Lucas goes back to school. We do have a couple of California trips planned to visit family and a wedding later in the summer, and we are hosting family and friends on different weekends throughout the summer. However, other than that, our summer plans are simple...to relax, and keep cool by the pool.  

Look at this guy, this is the face of someone who rocked kindergarten and is ready for first grade. 

Bonus: I've been collecting some quotes from Lucas..mostly from on our drive home from school. I can't help but smile when I read these..I apologize for the randomness of this post. 

Lucas: Mama, for my next birthday its going to be Bible themed. 
Lucas: I'm 1/2 spider man, 1/2 aquaman, and 1/2 Captain America 
Lucas: My head is round, why don't people have triangle shaped heads? 
Lucas: (Alara hit Lucas with a pool noddle) Ow Alara, that hit my heart!! 
Lucas: (Walking into Bas Pro Shop) Oh my goodness, if I had all of these toys I'd be so inspired! 


I asked the kiddos what their goals for the summer are...or what they would like to do and or learn this summer. I feel that by asking the kids this question it helps me plan our summer activities. 

Lucas: 
1. Learn to Read
2. Playdates with friends
3. One on one time with Mama and Daddy
4. Learn tennis 
5. Go to the beach

Alara: 
1. Play
2. Learn to ride a bike
3. Learn to write my name 
4. Eat ice cream
5. Go to the beach

All of these things sound reasonable to me. Especially the one about eating ice cream... 



No comments:

Post a Comment