August 14, 2018

Mr. Lucas Goes to First Grade



Today this guy started 1st grade. Technically, its his first day...everyone else's second day.  We are starting a day late due to a family wedding in California. However, the first day was just a half day and his teacher insisted that missing the first day wasn't a big deal.

The weeks leading up to school starting, Lucas was excited. He was ready to go. He had his backpack, shoes, lunchbox and uniform all picked out. However the night before school started he suddenly decided that he didn't want to go...it was a combination of nerves, exhaustion from driving from California to Arizona and missing his Dadi and Dada. Although we got him to bed on time, he didn't fall asleep for at least 40 minutes.

Thankfully, the morning went well. Once he saw his friends from Kindergarten and his new teacher everything was ok.

I'm looking forward to seeing what this year holds for Lucas. First grade is an exciting time...learning to read, and do math...but also meeting new friends and becoming more comfortable in his new home environment.

I'm also looking forward to having some more one-on-one time with my girl. I have two more years until she starts school...that's going to be hard for me...so I need to soak up as much Mama Alara time as I can.

Please pray. 

PS. Happy Seventh Anniversary to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment