April 24, 2013

Happy Birthday Lucas!

Today, I am celebrating the birth of my precious baby boy. One year ago, (at 8:34 in the morning) little Lucas made his debut into the world. That day changed my life, for better, and everyday I count the little blessing that come with having him. If you had asked me one year ago what I'd be doing on this day I probably would have tearfully mumbled something about being unsure if I'd even make it through the first month. Clearly, I did survive the first month...and the eleven more months to follow...emerging with an active, lively and adorable one year old.
We celebrated Lucas's birthday on Sunday with family and friends. Not only was this Lucas's birthday party, but it was the first time my husband and I were hosting a large family gathering in our home. My husband and I, along with Dada and Dadi worked hard for weeks weeding, cleaning and preparing for this special event. I couldn't have asked for better helpers. The end result was perfect. Everyone had a good time, the food was delicious and Lucas enjoyed playing with his little cousins.
I opted to make the cake myself. Lucas loves lions, so naturally he had to have a lion cake. Because of the number of guests, I chose to make cupcakes instead of one whole cake. This allowed our guests to serve themselves, and to come back for seconds if desired. I love how the little mini cake topper turned out. I dyed the frosting a yellow/orange color, used mini Reese's pieces  for the eyes and nose and twizzlers for the mane and mouth. Not only was the cake adorable, it was delicious too.














Lucas wasn't too sure about being in the spot light. He bravely sat in his high chair with a death grip on my arm.

The rest of the party went well. By the end of the day, I was exhausted. Thanks to all who helped make this a special day for Lucas! :)

Wednesday, April 24th is Lucas's actual birthday. To celebrate Dadi and Dada took us to have a photoshoot @ JCPenny's. Lucas was the perfect model. He posed, smiled and did everything the photographer asked. The pictures turned out perfectly. I'm excited to get some new frames and to start hanging them on the walls. Afterwards, we took Lucas to the park to get the wiggles out. He had such a blast on the swings and slide. It was a perfect way to end the day.


No comments:

Post a Comment