July 16, 2013

"Dig, Dig, Digging" by Margaret Mayo

My son son loves this book. I've read "Dig, Dig, Digging" so many times that I have it committed to memory. In fact, this morning while I folded the laundry Lucas sat next to me and turned the pages while I recited the story.

This book is a must for children who love large vehicles. From dump trucks to tractors, this book has it all.

The text is brief. I enjoy the colorful adjectives and  descriptive language the story uses to capture the noises and jobs the vehicles do. It is a great way to teach children about the different types of heavy machinery.

The illustrations are bright and provide plenty of details for children to enjoy. One thing that I did noticed (not a big issue for me, but some parents may take offense) is that all of the characters are male. It does not have any female workers portrayed in the book.

This book is excellent and I highly recommend it for young readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment