November 23, 2014

family wedding @ Villa de Amore



We kicked off the holiday season with a family wedding @ the Villa de Amore in Temecula California. It was a beautiful wedding. The bride did a fantastic job of using the venue's natural beauty in planning her colors and decorations. During the cocktail hour guests were given the opportunity to play lawn games...which worked out well for Lucas. He had a blast tossing the bean bags around the lawn disrupting everyone who actually wanted to play the game. 

Speaking of Lucas....he did well for not napping. The wedding started at two. Lucas usually naps starting around noonish and will sleep until 3ish. I knew going into this day that things might get interesting as the day went on...he did well until the dinner hour. Luckily I came prepared and had lots of goldfishes and crackers. 


Unfortunately I didn't plan for the cold....not just crisp air (I did plan for crisp air) but freezing bone chilling wind. The wedding ceremony and reception dinner took place outside. Indian sari's aren't made for the cold weather and the little shawl that I brought did not cut it. Several times during the evening I was seriously tempted to go back to the car slip on my pj's and ugg boots. 

Besides the weather it was a wonderful wedding and I wish all the happiness to the bride and groom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment