December 15, 2014

disneyland with Lucas

Once upon a time there lived two college students who spent their hard earned money on Disneyland passes for three years in a row. Throughout the school year, Richard and I would go to Disneyland about once or twice a month (sometimes more). It was the perfect date night for us...to broke to actually go out for dinner and or a movie...but with our passes it gave us the freedom of enjoying Disneyland and California Adventure.  


This Christmas season, with the help of two cast members, our family was able to go to Disneyland and California Adventure. With the price of tickets I'm eternally grateful for Dada's Disneyland cast member connection. The cost for entering the gates of the happiest place on earth is a steep one. I can't image purchasing annual passes now.


Going to Disneyland with a toddler was a new experience for me. The days leading up to our trip I had nightmares about loosing him in the park. I purposely dressed Lucas in orange. Dadi wanted him to wear a Mickey Mouse shirt, but I vetoed that idea. I could just imagine trying to describe my lost child to an employee....two year old, about 30 something inches... wearing a Mickey Mouse shirt.

Yeah, I just describes everyone's kid.

In addition to loosing my child, I was curious about how he would react to the rides. He doesn't like loud noses or fast movements.

Winnie the Pooh, Small World, Mickey's Fun Wheel and Buzz Light Year were a big hit.




We stayed until World of Color. Lucas slept through the entire show. After the show everyone else went on big kid rides while sleeping Lucas and I went shopped. Great day, makes me miss having an annual pass. 



No comments:

Post a Comment