December 8, 2014

handmade holidays

Homemade ornaments add a personal touch to any Christmas tree. This year my Mom and I teamed up together along with the boys to paint these cute wooden cars, trucks and trains. The boys each painted about one ornament before deciding to go outside and play construction site. After the boys finished Mom and I worked on the rest of the ornaments. It was fun painting the details on little cars, trucks and trains. 

Lucas wanted to paint Lightening McQueen. I think he nailed it. 



These silly boys had a blast painting their ornaments and my table. To prevent the table from being damaged I used butcher paper and secured it with painter's tape. This kept the paint from leaking through and my table stayed clean. 

I love how everything turned out. My tree has five new adorable ornaments and I have new memories to enjoy.  

No comments:

Post a Comment