April 27, 2015

happy 3rd birthday


My sweet baby boy turned three on Friday! Where has the time gone? Unfortunately, over the weekend Lucas got sick and we had to cancel his birthday party. I'm not sure who was more disappointed - Lucas or myself. We spent most of Saturday on the couch, snuggling and watching movies while I kept him hydrated and cool. On Sunday, he was feeling better and several family members came by with gifts which helped ease the disappointment of missing his party. In the last year, I have watched him grow by leaps and bounds. It's exciting to think of what the next year has in store for him - and our family. 

So without further ado, here are a few milestone/accomplishments of Lucas's past year...
  • His vocabulary has increased by tenfold! Last year at this time Lucas was saying words and stringing together simple sentences. However as the year progressed so did his vocabulary. I love listening and recording his conversions - with himself, with family members, with the dog and with his toys. He is like a little sponge, soaking up everything he hears (good and bad). 
  • He is turning into a little athlete! Between riding his bike, hiking with Mamma, playing baseball, golf, soccer and basketball, I foresee sports in my near future. 
  • He has developed strong opinions and has been testing his negotiating skills. Ahem..yup...this one hasn't been much fun as the others. 
  • He loves to sing! This ability/desire to sing did not come from me. Before having Lucas, I told my husband that I would never sing with my kids. It just wasn't something that comfortable doing. However, over the past year I have found myself singing nonstop! Lucas loves to sing his Sabbath School songs, VBS songs, camp songs, songs he hears on Curious George etc. We have even made up new lyrics to old songs to suit whatever mood he and I are in...for an example "I'm a Little Tea Pot" is now "I'm a Little Fire Hydrant." Just please don't ask me to sing it... 
  • Lastly, I love hearing Lucas say "I love you Momma." It warms my heart to hear those words. 

No comments:

Post a Comment