April 12, 2016

disneyland


This week we took our first solo family trip to the Happiest Place on Earth, and nailed it! Lucas is finally tall enough to ride everything except Indiana Jones. My husband was most excited to introduce Lucas to Star Tours. In fact, I think deep down the success of our trip counted on Lucas loving Star Tours. It was the perfect day to go. The weather was beautiful and the park wasn't to crowded. I think the longest we waited in line was about 40 minutes. 

I used the rider switch for the first time ever. Leave it to Disney to come up with more ways to make their guests happy. Waiting in line twice for the same ride is a tremendous waste of time. However, using the rider switch helped us save time and allowed for both my husband and myself to enjoy some of the bigger attractions such as Space Mountain. 

Alara's loved the Finding Nemo ride. She pressed her face up against the porthole the entire time of the ride babbling at everything that passed by. I strongly dislike...no hate...the Finding Nemo ride. It feels so claustrophobic inside of the submarine cab. That ride makes me feel nauseous. 

Thankfully, Star Tours was a success. My husband and Lucas rode it twice. I think my husband did an internal happy dance when Lucas asked to go on Star Tours for a second time. He loved traveling through space and seeing Jakku. And while the boys rode Star Tours, Alara and I got to enjoy the park and walk around the shops. 

All in all it was a successful day and I'm looking forward to our next Disney adventure. 




No comments:

Post a Comment