May 6, 2017

23 months

pc: Hollie Macomber 
I thought I'd do a quick baby update for Alara.
By this time next month she'll be two, and not a baby anymore.
Pass the tissues. 

  • The terrible twos have arrived! The cutesy saying about "letting her sleep for when she wakes she will move mountains" have taken on a whole new meaning around here. Alara knows what she likes and isn't afraid to let us  know! 
  • She's attached herself to one specific blanket. This blanket goes everywhere. She can't sleep without it. Originally, the blanket belonged to Dadi. I'm not sure when or how Alara decided that it was her blanket, but they are inseparable. Tears are shed when I wash it...and I usually have to wash the blanket when she isn't looking. 
  • Mama is still #1...and I'd like to keep it that way. However, Daddy is a close second (and could easily take first place especially if Mama has done something horrible like wash her blanket). 
  • I'm not sure if its personality, or a second born thing...or both...but Alara isn't afraid to push kids out of the way to get what she wants. She's a fighter. 
  • She's a caregiver and often tries her best to comfort anyone who is hurting or sad. She gives a comforting "Uh-oh" and "sad baby" when friends and or strangers are crying. 
  •  Lastly, this sweet little girl is growing up and I'm so blessed to be her Mama. I'm looking forward to celebrating birthday #2 with her in a few weeks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment