May 8, 2017

a baby shower for my sister

On Sunday I had the honor of hosting a baby shower for my youngest sister. It was a team effort between my sister's Mother-in-law, our own Mother and myself. We all worked hard putting this shower together and I'm really happy with how things turned out. Growing up, my sister loved horses. I wanted to incorporate ponies and horses in the shower decor. My sister's MIL found these darling pony cake toppers on Etsy, and my Mother made pony sugar cookies.

My sister is a talented artist. I wanted to have guests decorate their own works of art on plain onesies for my sister's new baby. I thought as an artist, she would appreciate having unique works on art for her daughter to wear. The shower guests had a blast creating and decorating the onesies. I'm looking forward to seeing the onesies in action.




...And lastly, this painting was in my sister's main bathroom. I was surprise and amused. The girl in the red sunglasses is me. My sister painted this picture about seven or eight years ago. I think its hilarious that she hung it in the bathroom. It's like I'm staring down on anyone using the potty....silently judging people as they pee.  

No comments:

Post a Comment