July 28, 2017

summer zoo trip


Family Zoo Day! 

One of the things on my summer to-do list was to take a family trip to the San Diego Zoo. Our Baba's annual membership pass was expiring at the end of July so we needed to act fast if we were to have more more trip together. Plus, I really wanted to see the Zoo's new Africa Rocks exhibit. Although not all of the Africa Rock's exhibits were open, we enjoyed what we could see and I'm looking forward to coming back to see more of what the exhibit offers. In addition, apparently the Zoo opened their new foot bridge the morning of our trip. Walking over the bridge, which connects the front of the Zoo with the back of the Zoo was both exhilarating and terrifying at the same time.  I'm not if watching men working on the bridge helped with that feeling. 

Funny story. On our way back to the car, we passed a young lady sitting on a bench. She suddenly called out "Excuse me, your daughter's nose is bleeding."  We stop and I check her nose. A large dark blob was oozing slowly down from her nose. The dark color looked off to me. But I grabbed a shirt to stop the bleeding. However, as I got closer I quickly realized that it wasn't blood but a melting chocolate chip. Ew. After thanking the girl, I cleaned my daughter up and we went on our merry way.  


Overall, it was a fun day. The kiddos had a blast and I'm ready for bed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment