August 7, 2017

half way point

Summer is flying by! We have about two weeks of summer left, and are determined to take advantage of these last few days to spend time together. Sabbath afternoon, we took a spur-of-the-minute trip up to Pine Springs Ranch. Anyone who knows our family understands the significance of Pine Springs Ranch in our lives.  I grew up there, I met my husband there and I love being able to take my kiddos to experience camp. 

Our kids loved exploring the camp Fort. The original Fort burned down in the summer of 2013, so this one is fairly new. Lucas enjoyed climbing the ladder to the Fort's main tower. The first time he tried it I was nervous and wanted him to wait for me. However, he apparently didn't "hear" me say wait and by the time I met him at the bottom of the ladder he was already standing on top of the tower's platform making ninja poses. 

It was crazy seeing old campers as staff. I had several young ladies say hi and share with me that I was their counselor/riding instructor at camp. I love seeing old campers become staff. 


With summer winding down I wanted to revisit my original "Summer Adventure" to do list.

Revisiting my to do list:
  • Take the train to the beach 
  • Family trip to the San Diego Safari Park/Zoo 
  • Day trip to the mountains for fresh air and hiking
  • Try something new and unique to our local area 
  • Go to a baseball game
  • Go to a movie (this one is for Lucas since he has never been to a movie theater)
  • Make ice cream 
  • Go horseback riding at Grandma's house 
Not bad for one summer. We still have two more weeks before school starts to cross off a few more things from our list.

No comments:

Post a Comment