August 29, 2017

Mr. Lucas Goes to Kindergarten


Ready or not, Kindergarten here we come!

After much prayer and consideration, we decided to enroll our oldest in our local church school. He has been in school for almost a week and loves it. We love his teacher and I think it's going to be a good year for him.

I'm so proud of myself. I made it through the classroom and campus tour without any tears. The teacher wisely ended the tour at the playground. This gave parents the opportunity to slip away unnoticed by their kiddos. As I said good-bye to the teacher, she did the unthinkable....she wrapped me in the biggest hug and I lost it and cried.

I should probably mention that I know the teacher. I've substituted for her, I did service learning in her classroom and she was one of my Master Teachers in college. And worked with her daughter at Pine Springs Ranch for several summers.

Having a teacher I love and respect has made this transition easier for me. I'm excited to see what this year holds for us and I'm looking forward to seeing my son learn and grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment