February 21, 2018

podcasts I listen to while doing stuff

A couple of years ago a friend introduced me to podcasts. I have since then become addicted!

I listen while exercising,
I listen in the car,
I listen while cleaning and I listen while working on projects around the house.

A quick 30-40 minute podcast is perfect for keeping me engaged while I go about my life. I've learned new things, I've been able to keep up-to-date on current events and I've been inspired by so many different people. 

Today, I want to share some of my favorite podcasts.

Dressed: The History of Fashion is my newest find! This podcast dives deep into the rich and complex  history of fashion. So far I'm only two episodes in and I'm completely hooked! I love history and I love fashion. In the first episode, listeners learn about the career and legacy of Charles Fredrick Worth, the founder of House of Worth. We also get to hear first hand from  African American designer Hylan Booker, who worked for House of Worth in the 60's.  I'd highly recommend this podcast for anyone who is interested in history and fashion. 

Fictional & Myths and Legends are actually two separate podcasts written and produced by Jason and Carissa Wesier. Fictional is a retelling of classic literature with a casual and occasionally sarcastic tone. Some of my favorites have been "The Count of Monte Cristo" by Alexander Dumas and "The Divine Comedy" by Dante Alighieri. The Myths and Legends podcast shares incredibly popular stories that we know, but with surprising origins and some not so popular stories with surprising origins. Like in Fictional, Jason Wesier tells these stories with a casual and sarcastic tone. Two of my favorites have been "Beowulf" and "Epic of Gilgamesh."   

Stuff You Missed in History Class is an extremely popular podcast! The podcast covers a vast amount of history one episode at a time. This podcast has taught me so much about American and World history. Some of the stories I've heard before, and some I haven't. It is always fun to tune in and see what new things I can pick up or add to my previous knowledge.

Have any interesting podcasts for me to try?

1 comment:

  1. Bloggers who don’t have time or don’t like to read may prefer to listen to audio content or watch videos. BeyondPod allows you to subscribe, download, listen to audio podcasts and watch video podcasts on-the-go. This app is extremely useful for bloggers who are driving a lot because for them, there is very little reading time.

    ReplyDelete