June 18, 2018

summer romper


It's an awful picture of me, but it was getting hot, the kids were fussing and I needed to wrap up this photo shoot ASAP before I melted. The summers here in Arizona are brutal! Comfortable, light weight clothing is a must for this desert climate. This little romper took longer to make then I would like to admit. However, I'm happy with the final product and know what to do different next time. 

I often get impatient with myself. It's hard not to compare my sewing skills/projects to what I see on IG, pinterest and from friends. This romper project was labeled "easy" and it still took longer than it should have. I have to constantly remind myself that I haven't been sewing that long, and it takes time to build up the skills necessary for more advanced projects. Until then...the seam-ripper has become my BFF.  

No comments:

Post a Comment