July 20, 2018

California Vacation pt. 2


One thing I miss about living in California, aside from friends and family, is going to the beach. I've always loved the beach. There is something so refreshing about the salty sea water, the fresh sea breezes and the warm sand beneath my toes. My kiddos miss the beach as well. At the beginning of the summer I asked each kid for their summer must do list and both listed "go the beach" as one of their top five things we must do this summer. 

I should note that my husband does NOT miss the beach. He does not like sand. He does not like beach parking. He dose not like sticky saltwater. He does not enjoy hauling our umbrella, and other beach essentials from the car to the beach and from the beach (all sandy) to the car (which is now sandy). 

On Wednesday we packed up the car and drove to Crystal Cove State Beach. The weather was perfect, the beach was empty and the water warm. The kiddos played. The football got tossed around, sandcastle were built and wildlife was seen - one grumpy crab, one hungry squirrel, a plethora of rude seagulls and one coiled rattlesnake.

We left early to avoid traffic (we hit traffic) and ended the evening at VBS. The kiddos came home tired, but happy.  

No comments:

Post a Comment