May 29, 2013

Memorial Day

Memorial Day weekend flew by too quickly. The weather was beautiful. To kick things off, my husband decided to repair the sprinklers in our backyard. I snapped this picture of Lucas helping his Daddy. I'm surprised Denny didn't jump in for a photo bomb. He usually does.  While father and son worked, I was able to do some gardening myself. I'm excited to watch my baby plants to grow...in a few months the back yard is going to look beautiful.

 Sabbath was spent at the beach. The plan was to stay and build a fire, but by the time we arrived the pits were all taken. We made due with a picnic instead. It was also our friend Tyler's birthday. Sara, made some delicious cupcakes and cake balls.

 On Monday, Lucas went swimming for the first time. I wasn't sure how he would handle being in a swimming pool. He loves the bathtub, and the hose, but a swimming pool was uncharted territory. I worried for nothing...He loved the pool. He splashed and kicked around having a blast. I'm so thankful that Lucas isn't afraid of the water.  However, his lack of fear scares me...and I'm going to need to be extra careful whenever we are around the water. Swimming lessons are a must!

No comments:

Post a Comment