July 23, 2014

Irvine Park


About a year and a half ago I was invited to join our church's playgroup. At that time in my life I didn't have any close mommy friends. I had plenty of support from family and childless friends, but I needed to be around other moms who were going through similar experiences.  I feel so blessed to have found such a great group of Moms. I'm not the type of person who easily makes new friends. Honestly, if I hadn't been directly invited I probably never would have worked up the courage to join the group. Even through our times together can be crazy, chasing around little ones I still come away feeling refreshed by the presence of the other moms. There is something truly invaluable about having a good group of mommy friends. In addition, I'm happy that my son has a safe place to make friends and learn how to be a friend. Motherhood comes with its ups and downs, and its nice to know that on Monday mornings I'm able to get together with friends and enjoy the day. 


No comments:

Post a Comment