February 26, 2015

Harrison Baby Girl

It's a girl!

This post is about a month late. But hey..better late than never.

I had forgotten how uncomfortable having an ultrasound was. I arrived about fifteen minutes before my scheduled appointment hoping that maybe one of the nurses would take pity and see me early. Unfortunately, with my bladder busting at the seams, I was still forced to wait about 45 minutes after my scheduled appointment time. All I could think about during the first half of the ultrasound was 1) I just want to pee and 2) please dear God, please don't let me pee right here on the table.

Lovely.

It was worth the discomfort to see our little lady. She didn't want to be disturbed. The nurse had to probe around a little in order to get the necessary pictures. Which unfortunately, meant more discomfort for me. After the nurse gave me the ok to use the restroom, the remainder of the appointment went smoothly. Richard and I got to see just about every angle of our baby girl. I think my favorite picture was the one where she flashed the peace sign.


Now with only 13 weeks left before our due date, I'm feeling excited and anxious to meet this precious little one. Our family will never be the same. I've already created several "prep for baby" to do lists, and I'm sure my poor hubby is going to think I'm crazy, but hey..it's best to be prepared. The room is painted, the crib is up, and I've already started working on the dresser and bedding. My pinterest board is brimming with ideas and I'm ready to hit the stores for little girl things.

No comments:

Post a Comment