February 28, 2016

baby E's quilt


I've been wanting to try my hand at quilting for a while now and with two family members expecting babies, the timing couldn't have been better. After doing my research, (ahem..spending too much time on pinterest) I loaded the kiddos in the car for a quick long and exhausting trip to Joann's. 

Parents-to-be chose a sheep theme for baby E's nursery. The colors for the nursery are light blue, navy blue, grey and cream. I love the idea of a sheep themed nursery! Its unique and fits the fun and playful personalities of baby E's parents. 

I spent an entire Sunday with a friend cutting out the squares and piecing this quilt together. I knew that I wanted to use as much of the sheep fabric as possible. I made the pattern with the sheep fabric first, then added the rest of the squares. As long as the same fabric wasn't close to too much of one color/pattern I was happy. 


Quilting is hard work. And I have a new found respect for quilters. I learned a lot from this project...mostly what not to do...and I'm looking forward to making another quilt.  

I'm really happy with the outcome of baby E's quilt. I hope his parents will enjoy it too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment