March 27, 2016

Easter 2016


Is it just me or do holiday weekends always go by faster? With everything we had going on Easter weekend I needed a day in-between Sunday and Monday just to recover. Our family spent Easter Sunday with my parents at their home. It was a beautiful day. At first Lucas was hesitant to try coloring the eggs. However, after much coaxing he gave it a go. Turns out he's not a fan of egg dying - but I'm proud of him for at least trying. 

Easter is one of my favorite holidays and not because of the candy, delicious brunches and egg hunts. It is a time of growth when the earth comes alive again with flowers, budding leaves, and tiny shoots of green grass. Easter is a time to celebrate the resurrection and life of my savior Jesus Christ. The one who paid the biggest price of all so I might live again. For that I am grateful.    


No comments:

Post a Comment