January 14, 2017

January Musing

Good Afternoon and Happy Sabbath

I know that we are half way through January, but due to unforeseen circumstances...aka..really bad horrible colds that infected us all, I'm starting my new years today.

Happy New Years Ya'll.

Last year I made three "big" New Years goals. And I'm happy to say that I kinda sorta worked on those goals.

1) Do the Rory Gilmore Reading Challenge.
2) Refresh my master bedroom
3) Sew more

I knew that there was no way I'd be able to finish every book on the Rory Gilmore Reading Challenge list...there's 300 + books on the list. However, I did checked off four more books on the Rory Gilmore Reading Challenge (in addition to reading other books not on the list). I repainted my master bathroom and bedroom, purchased some new furniture and I have started the process of finalizing the decor. And lastly, although I did more sewing projects, I didn't complete as many projects as I wanted to.

Overall, not bad. However, there is room for improvement and I'm looking forward to 2017 and everything that a new year brings.


 A few weeks ago, the kiddos and I went to see the floats from the 128th Rose Parade. It is something that I've always wanted to do and so when a friend suggested that we go I jumped at the opportunity. I packed lunches and snacks for the kiddos, and we drove to Pasadena.
It was so much fun viewing the floats up close. Each float was unique, and the attention to detail was impressive. Lucas was disappointed that the viewing did not include the marching bands or equestrian groups. However, he enjoyed meeting the police officers and firemen and watching the animatronics used on several of the bigger floats.


Unfortunately, the kiddos came home sick from the parade. 

 *See above paragraph to read all about that*

Ahem. Moving on. 

2017 is going to be a year of change. Lucas turns five this spring and starts kindergarten in the fall. Alara turns two and is already a handful. My babies aren't babies anymore. 

This year I don't have any big New Years resolutions or goals. That might change. But for right now I'm content to see what this year brings without putting any pressure on myself to complete my resolutions/goals. 

No comments:

Post a Comment