April 17, 2017

Easter Weekend Recap

Easter weekend came and went in a flash. I felt like I dropped the ball this year. I had every intention to read the Resurrection story to the kiddos, attend our church's Easter service and do some sort of amazing Christ-centered Easter craft.

..ha.ha...The best laid plans...

Lucas and I did watch the Easter Sabbath service on livestream....so in a way we did "attend" church.
With the Sabbath service at noon I knew that if I actually went I'd spent most of the service in the hallways with Alara. By staying home, I put her to sleep then Lucas and I watched the service. This way I actually got to pay attention, Alara got her nap and Lucas got to have his lunch on time.

That afternoon, we headed down to Laguna Beach. My Mom was exhibiting in one of the local art galleries and asked us to come to her opening night. It was a lot of fun walking through the galleries, then taking the kiddos down to the beach for some fun in the sun.

On Easter Sunday, we attended a friend's third birthday. The kiddos had a blast hunting eggs and playing with their friends.

And by the time bedtime came around I was ready for the weekend to be over.

Till next year...Easter...may I be better prepared and more on top of things.

No comments:

Post a Comment