I can't believe my first born is 5 years old!
This year for Lucas's birthday we did an Angles baseball party at our local park.
It works out well when your kid loves to play baseball, and your husband loves to play baseball. I didn't have to plan any additional activities or games...because baseball was the game. Between family and friends, we had plenty of players for a ball game. Even Lucas's Great-Grandma got in on the action. Everyone had a blast!
The night before his birthday, Lucas asked me to tuck him into bed and to sing "Rock-a-Bye Baby." I happily obliged and sang for him. My baby is growing up. As I sang, I thought about the past five years and how quickly they went by..which led me to make this list of five things I love about Lucas...
1) I love his sense of humor. Lucas loves telling jokes. Often his misses his punchline, but laughs anyways. Currently his favorite joke is "What did the judge tell the witness to wear? A lawsuit!" He tells this joke to everyone.
2) I love his self-confidence. Lucas inhered his Father's self-confidence. At times it can be frustrating, but I also love it. It also means that I'm often accompanied to the store by a Stormtrooper or Jedi.
3) I love how friendly and social Lucas is. He makes friends where ever he goes. I love listening as he marches up to a boy/girl his age, politely introduces himself and enthusiastically invites the boy/girl to play. It's adorable and it is a skill that will serve him well.
4) I love his creativity. Lucas has such a creative mind. He expresses himself though art, play and with made up stories that "reads" and shares with me.
5) I love how hard he tries to please. Lucas does his best to be a good boy and to make his Mama happy...including picking flowers for her after he has done something naughty. I love the bouquets he picks for me...even if they are a little wilted.
This next year will be full of new experiences for Lucas. It is my hope and prayer that he continues to grow in wisdom and stature with God and man.
Love you sweetheart.