January 8, 2018

we moved

Here is a quick little post on what's been going on lately and why I haven't been posting.

Back in September my husband was approached by the Western Adventist Foundation to interview for a job opening that they had. The Foundation is located in Scottsdale Arizona, which would require our family to move. After praying and discussing the idea of moving, my husband reached out and a date was set for the interview.

His interview was set for November 27th.

That weekend, my husband and I drove out to Scottsdale. We drove around, looked at potential neighborhoods and checked out the local Adventist school. The weather was beautiful, perfect for exploring a new city.

On the day of the interview, my husband and I were invited to join the Foundation for worship. I met his potential (future) boss and others who worked for the Foundation. After worship I left to visit and tour the local Adventist school nearby.

My tour of the school went well. And I left feeling confident that my son would do well academically and socially at the school.

I joined my husband and a few others from the Foundation for lunch. Lunch was at an Aquarium, which honestly I thought was odd being that we were in the middle of the desert. But apparently, the aquarium in Scottsdale is one of the biggest ones this side of the county.

We left Scottsdale after lunch, and on the long drive home discussed how the interview went. My husband and I agreed that if the Foundation offered him the job that he should take it. And less than an hour late, the Foundation called and offered my husband the job and he accepted.

I cried.

The weeks that followed were busy for our family. We had to pack up our home, find a new home, say good-bye to friends and family....oh and prepare for Christmas.

It was hard saying good-bye to our church friends, to Lucas' kindergarten teachers and our own families. It was stressful, and on top of everything I got sick.

On moving day it took every ounce of inner strength that I had not to curl up and cry. I didn't want to go. I wanted to stay in my home, and community that I had worked so hard to build.

I am happy for this opportunity and I am excited to see what this new chapter brings for our family. My husband had worked hard and I'm happy that he moving up in his chosen career.

And now back to unpacking.

No comments:

Post a Comment