January 15, 2018

missing home and settling in


We have been in our new home for three weeks now. I've started splashing paint samples around, measuring for furniture and shopping for flooring. I'm learning my way around town, and I've become comfortable with Lucas' school commute.  I do still use my phone's gps, and I've made a few wrong turns here and there..but I'm learning and it is getting easier.

I do miss my home. Not necessarily the physical dwelling, or neighborhood but the home community of family and friends.

Attending a new church was hard, I miss our home church. 

I bought a bag of California style veggies just because it said California on the bag.

I took the kiddos to the Riparian Preserve for some fresh air and exercise. It was refreshing to get out and away from the house. We didn't know what to expect and were pleasantly surprise. Next time we will take Denny and Daddy. The kiddos enjoyed playing at the park, exploring the observatory and running down the dirt trails.

Alara thought she was back at the Safari Park.

It felt nice to get outside and do something normal and the drive back helped familiarize me with the area. 

I think this will work, but it will take time.

No comments:

Post a Comment