March 23, 2015

dresser update

I finally finished our baby girl's dresser. This dresser originally belonged to Lucas's Dadi. It's a really nice solid wood dresser, but it needed a face lift.  Before painting, I spent several days sanding off the dresser's original mustard yellow color. When I originally envisioned our daughter's room, mustard yellow didn't even come close to making the cut. Using left over paint, I finished the project with the same color I used on the trim in our house. I did keep the original dresser knobs - the picture doesn't do them justice - but the knobs are a vintage white with dainty pink, blue and yellow flowers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment