March 31, 2015

our daughter's room


























I had intended on blogging a big nursery reveal. It was going to be picture perfect - magazine and pinterest worthy. However, after postponing my big nursery reveal, I decided that I am no longer going to let my desire for perfection stop me from posting. The room is a work in progress, and is far from finished. I am very happy with how it is progressing, and I can't wait to see how it evolves over time.

This room was originally going to have a Little House on the Prairie  theme. However, I found this fabric at JoAnn's and knew that I had to have it. I love the combination of coral pink and navy blue. It's girly, but not over the top. The crib and tan rocker are hand-me-downs from big brother, and the dresser came from Dadi. I did the bedding myself, and the curtains are semi-custom made by me as well.

Future me has several projects in mind for this room.

Thank you pinterest for the inspiration...

1. A gallery wall above the white dresser.


....or....


2. Doing some sort of name thing above the crib. 


3. The room is small, so shelving on either side of the window will help maximize storage. 


4. Sprucing up my old rocker. 


So there you have it. I'm thrilled to be working on this room. It's been fun dreaming up a beautiful girl room that will be enjoyed by my daughter and myself. 

I'll keep blogging my progress. 

No comments:

Post a Comment