July 31, 2015

tossed salad and scrambled eggs

For the last couple of weeks my husband has been binge watching Frasier. I feel that the intro song for the show fits my scattered thoughts perfectly. Today I'm tossing together a little bit of this and a little bit of that...and hoping for the best.

Thought #1:

Lucas has been boycotting dinner. He has always been a picky eater, but lately he has been more opinionated about it. All I have to say is "I'm starting dinner" or "dinner is ready" or simply say the word "dinner" out loud and he A) throws himself dramatically to the ground wailing or B) runs away and hides in his closet or C) a combination of the two. His flare for the dramatics would be amusing if it wasn't so frustrating to to deal with it during dinnertime.

Thought #2:

I'm feeling sleep deprived. It's a common complaint of mothers with small children. Last night Alara decided to abandon her usual nighttime routine of sleeping for six to seven hours at a time. Instead she opted for waking up every couple of hours....she was hungry, she wanted to party, she was cold, she felt lonely, she needed to be close...the list of reasons could go on for days. In addition, Lucas had a whale in his bed. He couldn't sleep until my husband got up and heroically saved the day by evicting the whale from his bed.

Thought #3:

I'm thankful for having a strong "village" of supportive family and friends. This week, the kiddos and I had the opportunity to swim, hike and play with friends and family. I love being a stay-at-home mamma and wouldn't trade it for the world. However, the job can get tiring and lonely. There have been times where I feel like I'm on my own island...with two needy humans and one extremely needy dog...for company. It is refreshing (and necessary) to get out and socialize with other adult humans while our little humans play.

till next time..

No comments:

Post a Comment