August 6, 2015

Alara at two months


Our baby girl is growing! Here are some highlights about her second month of life. 
  • She's all smiles! I'm loving her gummy morning grins. It's the best way to start the day. 
  • She is staying awake longer during the day. I wish that this meant that she was sleeping longer at night...but it's a step in the right direction. At the beginning of the month, she was sleeping most of the night. Unfortunately she has given up on that schedule and is back to her usual sleeping pattern (10 pm bed time, waking up around 4 am, then waking up again at 6 am). 
  • For her morning naps, I've started putting her to sleep in the crib. This transition has been met with much distress and fussing on her part. She still prefers to sleep in the bouncy chair or in our bed. 
  • She wears size one diapers. 
  • She has completely outgrown all of her newborn clothing. 
  • She's a mamma's girl! When my husband (or anyone else) is holding her, Alara will keep a close eye on me. If I leave the room she starts fussing. Often while holding Alara, my husband will just follow me around the house. 
  • Her farts rival husband's. 
  • Bathtime is one of her favorite times of the day. She loves making a splash by kicking her legs and waving her arms. 
  • She has found her fingers and often will stick three or four in her mouth at the same time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment